We are a Roman Catholic Church, located in central Pennsylvania, in the wonderfully historic town of Muncy. Navigate through our website by using the buttons above. We hope you enjoy your visit with us.
Ordinary Time: August 9th
Nineteenth Sunday of Ordinary Time
An Act of Spiritual Communion
I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there
and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated from You.
- Reservations for Saturday & Sunday Masses ARE REQUIRED.
- No reservation is required for weekday Masses.
- Please call the office to reserve your spot during office hours.
- (9:30 AM - 2:30 PM Mon. - Thurs.) 570-546-3900
- If you are on the list to attend, please call if you WILL NOT be there!
- Church open 8 AM - 7 PM for prayer
Subscribe to our Newsletter
1st Holy Communion
FORMED Pick of the Week
Mass Times: Current Public Masses are limited
Sunday - 9:30 am (Facebook Livestream)
Saturday Vigil - 5 PM
Weekday Masses: Summer Schedule
Tuesday - 7 PM
Wednesday - 7 PM
Thursday - 9 AM
Friday - 7 PM
Holy days - See Bulletin
Thursdays 5:30 PM - 7 PM (During Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament)
Closed Holy Days and Holidays
The Vigil Project: Lent 2020
St. Margaret of Scotland Party 2019
Resurrection Parish Calendar
Deep In Scripture
Religious Education Calendar
Readings for the week of August 9, 2020
- Sunday: 1 Kgs 19:9a, 11-13a / Ps 85:9, 10, 11-12, 13-14  / Rom 9:1-5 / Mt 14:22-33
- Monday: 2 Cor 9:6-10 / Ps 112:1-2, 5-6, 7-8, 9  / Jn 12:24-26
- Tuesday: Ez 2:8—3:4 / Ps 119:14, 24, 72, 103, 111, 131 [103a] / Mt 18:1-5, 10, 12-14
- Wednesday: Ez 9:1-7; 10:18-22 / Ps 113:1-2, 3-4, 5-6 [4b] / Mt 18:15-20
- Thursday: Ez 12:1-12 / Ps 78:56-57, 58-59, 61-62 [cf. 7b] / Mt 18:21—19:1
- Friday: Ez 16:1-15, 60, 63 or 16:59-63 / Is 12:2-3, 4bcd, 5-6 [1c] / Mt 19:3-12
- Saturday: Vigil: 1 Chr 15:3-4, 15-16; 16:1-2 / Ps 132:6-7, 9-10, 13-14 1 Cor 15:54b-57 / Lk 11:27-28. Day: Rv 11:19a; 12:1-6a, 10ab / Ps 45:10, 11, 12, 16 [10bc] / 1 Cor 15:20-27 / Lk 1:39-56
- Next Sunday: Is 56:1, 6-7 / Ps 67:2-3, 5, 6, 8  / Rom 11:13-15, 29-32 / Mt 15:21-28
The Sacred Page
The Foot Washing of the Disciples and Jesus as the Suffering Servant in the Gospel of John: Some Insights from the Greek Text of John 13
04/09/20 11:48 am
One of the unique features of the Holy Thursday liturgy is the remembrance of Jesus’ act of washing the disciples’ feet. My favorite depiction of this scene has always been the one above by Ford Madox Brown. I think it really captures Peter’s extreme discomfort at having his feet washed by Jesus. I must confess […]Read More
04/08/20 9:01 am
My colleague at the Augustine Institute Graduate School, Elizabeth Klein, has an excellent piece up on why Jesus’ death was not the worst possible death. She draws on Philippians 2, Athanasius, and Thomas Aquinas. During this Holy Week, I encourage you to read it in full.Read More
04/07/20 9:15 am
Eerdmans has permitted us to offer a sneak peak of our new book on Paul. Here you can see the Table of Contents and the Foreword by Michael Gorman. We are so grateful for his generous contribution. You can find more information about the book on Eerdmans’ website: https://www.eerdmans.com/Mobile/Products/7376/paul-a-new-covenant-jew.aspx Here it is on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Paul-New-Covenant-Jew-Rethinking/dp/0802873766Read More